Friday, March 22, 2013

Introductions

This is just a shot introductory blog to familiarize you, the people of the interweb, with myself and various recurring characters in my life. My name is Gabrielle, 25 years old, a biology student on hiatus, and a full time dog groomer. I have a passion for horses, living in the middle of no-where, and all things ecology related. I am not an English student but Biology so please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors in this blog. I'm sorry, I just got through English because I had to (although with A's and B's) and focused most of my time on Science.

Anyway.

 I currently rent a cute little acadian style cabin on 10 acres and live here with my dog and two cats. I'm hoping my boyfriend of 8 years will be moving in with me soon. Although I live in the middle of no-where and love it, it does get a little lonely out here. My parents are only 10 miles away but it's not really the same as a cuddle on the couch watching a movie... :-{ He is trying but isn't as keen on the hour long commute to the city where we work as I am. It's the price I pay to avoid city life. Being able to step outside and see the stars at night or a moon light filled yard with fireflies glowing and a symphony of bull frogs and crickets is way better in my opinion than an artificial light polluted sky and the sounds of cars and sirens in the night.
Dior
     
My dog is a blue merle pit bull, catahoula mix. His name is Christian Dior, a bit of an inside joke with him being a "designer dog" and all, we call him Dior. He is such a good boy and very friendly with people and most dogs although I have noticed he does not like super hyper dogs that are out of control, he tends to growl at them.

My cats are Sabbath, a black domestic short hair and Glitch, a super sweet and affectionate spotted tabby domestic short hair. Glitch gets her name from a deviated septum. It is super cute although she is prone to upper respiratory infections and her nose will abscess from time to time... super gross! Glitch really is my heart. She sleeps with me every night, either on my pillow or on me.
Glitch posing with a mounted bobcat


Diggs is my rabbit. He is a dutch I got from a friend and is about 5 years old. Her boyfriend needed a new kidney and she turned out to be a match but because of the anti-rejection medications he had to be on they could not keep the rabbit. I would love to build him an outdoor area to play but for now he lives in a huge cage in my bedroom with occasional outings on a leash and harness. He is super friendly and loves to play with his many toys, especially his stuffed banana.

Remington
I also own a BLM mustang that is kept at my parents house until he is fully tame. His name is Remington, Remi for short. He is about 6 years old and a gelding. I ended up busy shortly after getting him and have not had the time I really wanted to spend with him. He still won't let me touch him, but he does like to lick my face and nuzzle my hands. Everyday he gets tamer and tamer. I am making it a goal to have him tame this summer.

      I drive a 1993 Jeep Cherokee 2-door 5 speed 4x4. Her name is Emmy Lou. Just in case I ever mention her. She isn't the greatest on mpg's but I love a Jeep. I need to consider a better gas milage car but she is being good to me and don't really want to have the expense of two vehicles.

I don't have accounts on social media sites, well I do but I never check them or they have been deactivated. I had a twitter, it annoyed me. I had an instagram, it bored me. I had a face book, people want me back on but I'd rather not. I'd rather sum up what I'm doing and my goings on in a blog than in a little "status" update. This is my outlet. I hope whom ever reads this appreciates it, enjoys it, glances at it... criticizes it... what ever floats your boat.

      -Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment